Today is the 43rd anniversary of guitar legend, Jimi Hendrix. 43 years after his death, Jimi’s music is still celebrated world wide. Donnatella’s Space raises a glass in memory of one of the most influential musicians ever.
Johnny Allen Hendix was born in Seattle, Washington, United States in 1942.
Interview footage shows Jimi’s modesty about his talent.
Jimi died in London, UK, aged just 27 from ‘barbiturate-related asphyxia. Over the years there has been much reported speculations into the “mystery” of his death.
PURPLE HAZE – LIVE “…‘Scuze me whilst i kiss the sky“
Although Jimi’s music and death was before I was born, I was introduced to his music by family members and media footage of him. Watching him play is magically mesmerising and he was a good looking brother too, which only adds to the appeal. Jimi Hendrix epitomises the electric rock and roll sound of the sixties. He may be long gone, but never forgotten.
- 5 Things You Might Not Know About Jimi Hendrix (wncx.cbslocal.com)
- Did you know? Jimi Hendrix died on this day in 1970.. (downinthegroovemusic.wordpress.com)
- Hendrix’s former true love asks: How could they do this to my Jimi? (express.co.uk)
- Experience Hendrix and Legacy Recordings Gear Up to Release Home Edition of Jimi Hendrix –
- Hear My Train A Comin’ Documentary on DVD and Blu-ray (hispanicbusiness.com)